Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Preparation

Back-ups, back-ups, back-ups. I spent several hours this past weekend dragging files from my laptop to the terabyte drive on my desktop PC. I still have a lot more to back up before I'm ready to wipe this thing and install Ubuntu. I've already created the install disc; I just want to make sure I've got everything ready to go before I flip the switch. A key concern, of course, is what I'm going to lose.

Now I'm wondering--when I install Ubuntu, am I legally obligated to remove the Windows Vista tag Dell slapped on here? Naturally, I'm voiding all warranties the minute I pull the trigger. Honestly, I think wiping a new system like this is a good thing anyway. Dell and other PC vendors throw way too much baggage into these systems. Cleaning house is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment