Monday, March 1, 2010

Resolve

The speed bumps I hit on the Ubuntu Parkway kind of weakened my resolve on the Ubuntu Experiment. It simply reached the point where it was easier for me to complete tasks in Windows than it was to boot to Ubuntu and try to resolve the program install issues or the occasional internet browsing glitches.

As a result, I haven't worked with Ubuntu in a few weeks.

Something I stumbled across the other day, however, may prompt me to resume the experiment. I recently started using Google Chrome as my default browser. I gave it a trial run for a few days before finally giving in to those default browser prompts. I occasionally jump back to FireFox, the same way I jumped back and forth between Ubuntu and Windows when the Experiment was in full swing, but, for the most part, it's Chrome these days.

Well, as it happens, there's a version of Google Chrome for Linux, so, well, that's just begging for another trial.

So I'm going to jump back to Ubuntu and give it a try. It might not completely revive the Ubuntu project, but it's a spark that might just might ignite something. The biggest obstacle for Ubuntu right now is that I've just installed so many really cool programs in Windows, and I just don't know if anything I can get on Ubuntu is as slick, user-friendly and so packed full of features. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment